- 21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- Large 3.0-inch LCD display with Live View and seven brightness settings
- 5 fps at shutter speeds 1/500 second or faster (for bursts of up to 45 Large/Fine JPEGs or 15 RAW images)
- sRAW mode; 35-zone metering system; 45-point AF; integrated Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Powered by LP-E4 lithium-ion battery pack; stores images on CF, SD, or some SDHC memory cards
The new 21.1-megapixel, full-frame Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III digital SLR camera brings the power of Canon’s professional imaging excellence and innovation into sharper focus than ever before. While Canon’s EOS-1D series has dominated the 35mm-based professional Digital SLR market for the past six years, the new EOS-1Ds Mark III digital SLR takes Canon’s pro-digital prowess into and the realm of high-fashion and commercial photo studios where bulkier, medium-format cameras previously reigned.
The Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III’s compact, lighter-weight magnesium alloy body is rugged and versatile enough to take out of the studio and into the field. The camera’s fast, five-frame-per-second (fps) shooting rate for bursts of up to 56 Large/Fine (21-megapixel) JPEGS or 12 RAW images is unmatched in its class, making it the ideal instrument for capturing the fluid motion and free-flowing lines of location-based fashion photography as well as a wide range of other professional photographic applications.